Blackpool Heritage Action Zone is hosting its first Creative Market Print Fair on Saturday 28th October 2023, showcasing work by the very best printmakers working on the Fylde Coast.
Our Creative Markets have been running since October 2021, with stallholders showcasing a variety of arts and crafts. This time we are focussing on sharing the work of artists and makers working predominantly in print.
This unique opportunity to sell your work will take place on Saturday 28th October. We’re looking for Fylde Coast-based stallholders with great creative talent and unique, original products.
- Fine art
- Graphic art
- Lino printing
- Hand lettering
- And others
We will assess applications based upon the following criteria:
- A professional, well-presented business – a website or social media site with good product descriptions and photographs.
- Artists/makers are based on the Fylde Coast.
- Product quality: Products/artworks need to be finished to a high standard. They must meet manufacturing standards and may need to be approved by Trading Standards.
- Your social media presence – to show us what you do and to help us promote the event.
- The balance of sellers: we want to make sure that there’s a good mix of sellers at the event. Some print types such as photography may become oversubscribed, in this instance assessments will be made on their uniqueness and their quality. They may also be benchmarked against other applicants in the same category.
- All of your products need to be your own work.
Location: Blackpool Winter Gardens
Opening Hours: 10am – 4pm (set up access from 8am)
- Set-up will take place on the day.
- Sellers can arrive from 8am.
- Stalls will be provided.
To keep things affordable, the stall fee is £20.
- We will provide a 6ft trestle table. Space for hanging prints and framed work is available on request.
- You can place signage at the front or behind the stall. A tablecloth can be provided on request.
- You may decorate your stall as you wish.
- Wi-Fi is available.
Please complete our Google Form to apply for a stall (deadline 31st August):
- The form collects your email address first, in order to provide you with a copy of your application upon submission.
- You will be able to edit your application up until the closing date.
- We will also ask you to email product and promotional photographs in support of your application: 2-3 good quality images of products and/or a photo of your stall setup (this could be at a recent event, or a test setup on your kitchen table).
- After the closing date, we will review all the applications. All applicants will be contacted within 4 weeks.
- Due to the large number of applications expected, we will be unable to offer detailed feedback. We will hold a reserve list in case of any cancellations.
The application form asks for your contact details; you will also be asked to ‘opt-in’ to receive communications from Heritage Action Zone (market communications will come from Blackpool Council and/or Aunty Social). Your contact details will not be shared outside of the HAZ, and will only be used to contact you regarding your application and, if successful, with updates or queries leading up to the event itself.
We will share your business name, website/social media links and product photos with selected third parties (namely local press) in order to promote the event.
All applicants’ personal details will be stored securely, if your application is unsuccessful, your personal information will be deleted after the event has taken place.